Equality, diversity, and inclusion
We are committed to positioning equality, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) at the heart of our research collaboration. It is embedded across all our work.
EDI extends across our whole approach to carrying out research. This includes:
- how we identify research projects;
- our approach to public and community involvement and engagement;
- how we communicate to the public;
- our governance.
As a result, our research is better informed and delivered, increasing the impact for communities most affected by health inequalities.
One of the ways we achieve this is by working closely with Equity Alliance Group and other research organisations located across Greater Manchester and the East Midlands, where our research is based. This approach helps us to narrow the gap in health and care inequalities.
Our EDI strategy is currently in development and is being used to plan and carry out our research. It is important that we can present it in a way that is easy to understand for everyone we work with. As soon as it is ready, it will be added to this website.
- Research Design Service EDI Toolkit
- Research Targeting Tool – Clinical Research Network, to better understand geographical prevalence of disease in England, and how it relates to where studies are actually conducted by research teams
- Adult Social Care Outcomes Framework – NHS Digital, used both locally and nationally to set priorities for care and support, measure progress and strengthen transparency and accountability
- SHAPE Atlas – Department of Health and Social Care – SHAPE is an online, interactive, data mapping, analysis and insight tool that supports service planning and estates strategy development
- Diversity and Inclusion Survey (DAISY) question guidance – EDISgroup.org, to improve the quality of quantitative data collected relating to equality, diversity and inclusion
- INCLUDE Ethnicity Framework by Trial Forge
- INCLUDE Socio-Economic Disadvantage Framework by Trial Forge
- NIHR INCLUDE resources and online training course
- Toolkit for Increasing the Participation of Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic Communities, by the Centre for Ethnic Health Research
- Health Inequalities Impact Assessment (HIAT) Tool
- NIHR Learn where you can create a free account (with an ‘ac.uk’ email address) to access further resources
- Top Tips: NIHR EDI Seminar